SIMPLE REALITY - DEALING WITH IT
Okay, we make life so hard! Why? What drives us to complicate being hunters/gatherers? What wrecks our passions? What makes us fail to communicate? Ah, fail to communicate...there you go! What complicated the ability to reach/grab, point/garble "gimme"...you thinking about that one...did I make it too complicated?
We all feel driven to say things in our own words. Somehow we don't just desire to be another lemming without individual thought. Unfortunately, throughout history, we complicate these individual ramblings so much that we need translators. And, what translator will be interpreting what we have said, the way we meant to say it? Therefore, we wind up studying previous communicator/writers, philosopher/poets to try and understand what great thoughts they tried to leave for us. We feel we have succeeded if we are comfortable and trust our translators...that teacher, professor, mentor we are currently following.
Do we always need to do this? Study and hope we get correct and proper translations of words and thoughts? Or, should we finally go out in our lives and look for a communicator/writer/poet/philosopher/dude we understand?
I don't ask questions without caring about answers. I am truly interested in opinions. You have no right or wrong opinions with me...you have opinions...and I respect you for them---well I will, if I understand them. I look forward to you using messages and chat with comments/insights/ramblings/raves/verse. I think we all look forward to a good forum. And, this can be a good forum if we strive to make it one. Enjoy!
.... if you have not seen it ....
REALITY TOPIC ARCHIVES
REALITY LINKS & YOUR URLS
- WINDFALL PARK
- something to entertain you until I have many more links up
- Reality Check (in hibernation)
- Reality Check - a new model for dialogues on public issues.
- Reality - Joel Katz
- Reality Check
- Linking Middle School and Community Resources for Learning
- Social Security Reality Check
- Artist's Statement
- !Applied Ecopsychology:
- mind in nature distance learning books, courses and degrees
- Philosophical Reflections
- from Robin Craig
- Verbal Abuse
- a course in communications
- THOMAS--U.S. Congress on the Internet
- Library of Congress--Legislative Information on the Internet
- Simplicity Webring
- Find some favorites on a changing list here, and let us know about them
- A Positive Light
- What Thoreau Knew
- Effective Communication
- See if you would like to sign-up for an e-mail newsletter
- Philosophy Webring
- Another packed list for you to browse
- Tips, Tools & Ideas
- to improve your writing
- Nomm de Plume
- Copywriting Tips and Techniques
- Society of Philosophy (from Lycos)
- Another packed list.
----To return to this site -- Use your back button ----
View My Guestbook Sign My Guestbook
Try the . . . .
SIMPLE REALITY MESSAGE BOARD
Visit my message board: Message Board
SIMPLE REALITY ON TALK CITY
or, http://www.talkcity.com and /join #SimpleReality
-- The Back Up --
Check this list often as we get links from friends,
those who have visited us....comments and reviews on what is available from these links.